location recce and plan view
Wednesday, 6 January 2016
Different types of video products are available in interactive media are;
· Tutorial/education – you can find these by watching on youtube such as instructions on how to edit (adobe, after effects and photoshop) etc
· Homemade content – you can find various funny video such as animals and fails, they are very popular on youtube because they are funny.
· Blogs -
· Music video
· Film trailer
· Films(short and full film)
These are the formats generally used for internet video and which one is more popular and why?
Mpeg 4 (used with H.264)
Quick time (used with H.264)
You will use H.264 (most common HD)
On what devices can Digital be video viewed and what are limitations of each?
· Phone (Small screen, Link issues, Not enough power and will need to use wifi)
· Tablet (Small screen, Link issues, Not enough power and will need to use wifi)
· Computer (not mobile)
· Smart TV and TV (speed keyboarding typing and power)
· Game consoles (not mobile, connection, lack of power)
· Kiosk(cash machine)
Identify and discuss interactivity on TV
· Red buttons (like using sky remote such as pressing red as to record and also you can choose certain channels you want to watch)
(5)Discuss how and why interactivity is used within online video or what function does interactivity have for audience?
· Alternatives endings
· Links to other websites
· Change contents
· Show subtitles. (this is very important for deaf people)
· Add notes and information to inform viewers. (this is very useful for audience to inform them if they dislike and their disability because they would like to know what age certificate and also if films has flashing images and violence)
What problems can arise with interactive video for the user and creator.
Links do not work (something that has a wrong given link)
Wrong video format (description 1920 x 1080)
Set in private
Identify youtube regulations or in other words identify what you can and cant do in your uploaded video, the consequence of not abiding to their policies.
· No nudity or sexual content
· Violence and dangerous graphics
· Hateful content
· Harmful or dangerous content
If you uploaded with these included, it will be blocked or removed. You can add an age restriction to your own video settings.
Monday, 4 January 2016
The relationship between sounds and images
It is important to exaggerate sounds because it can make the audience feel tense as the sound turns up, for example when a man stabs a person with a stab slush noise, that can make the audience feel disgust so it would make them watch the film.
If the stab sound was not added into it, it would make it boring for the audience.
It is important to add the right music for whatever genre you are using, for example horror films, the music would be instrument music such as piano, violin etc but in a loud volume or low from start then build up louder as it would make it tense for the audience.
If you add the wrong music for the scene that would make the audience feel emotionally incorrect.
Lip sync is so important because when you do it in editing, you have to look at the actors lips and add the voice to it at the exact correct match. (Synchronise)
The effect for the audience is that if it is wrong, it would make the film look very bad.
Internal Diegetic – Thoughts and sounds only that character can hear (when character is looking at a picture of a horse, in the character head is imagining the sounds of a horse neighing. And also character thoughts)
Diegetic – belongs to the film. (Sound that is already there around the camera)
Non – Diegetic – for the audience (music and sound effects)